Surfboard with Motor: Types, Cost, and Top Picks
Opening the aquatic adventure with surfboard with motors guide—a revelation that’s changing the world of wave riding. Gone are the time you’re waiting for the ocean’s mercy; now, you hold the power to dictate your surfing story. In this guide, we’ll go into detail about the latest innovations, unpack costs, and spotlight the top-tier choices that redefine what’s possible on the water. Are you ready to alter traditional surfing and make waves of your own? It’s time to make a deep dive.
What is a Surfboard with Motor?
Surfboard with Motor’s cutting-edge technology marries the thrill of surfing with the convenience of a built-in motor or attachable fins, offering you unparalleled control over your surfing experience. There are 3 types of surfboard with motor:
- E-SUP / SUP Motor
Whether you’re soaring above the water on an eFoil, slicing through waveless expanses on a Jetboard, or cruising in style on a stand up surfboard with motor—your surfing aspirations have never been more achievable.
SurfBoard with Motor: eFoil
eFoil–a motor-powered surfboard that helps you soar just above the water’s surface, propelled by an electric motor and lifted by a hydrofoil—a wing-like structure beneath the board. When you hit a certain speed, the hydrofoil elevates you off the water, slicing through drag and making you feel as if you’re soaring over the waves. The eFoil is ideal for anyone eager to enjoy a versatile ride across different water types. With the ability to reach a top speed of 40 km/h and a battery life extending up to 90 minutes, alongside the price fluctuating between $5,000 and $20,000, this surfboard transforms any wave into an extraordinary surfing journey.
Leading the Charge: Lift Foils
Lift Foils is the name that stands out in the world of eFoils. Maintaining over a decade’s worth of fine-tuning, Lift Foils promises a transformative foiling experience.
- Top Speed: Up to 30 mph, for thrill-seekers.
- Battery Duration: Lasts up to 2.5 hours, extending your ride.
- Charging Time: Efficient, with included battery charger.
- Sizes: Choices like 4’2″ Pro, 4’9″ Sport, and 5’4″ Cruiser available
- Material: Crafted from high-quality carbon fiber for resilience
- Price: $11,995, an investment in premium water adventure.
SurfBoard with Motor: Jetboard
Jetboard—an extraordinary combination of engineering and surfing that offers unparalleled agility, speed, and versatility.Known as a self propelled surfboard, it uses a jet engine to push water out and speed across the surface. It’s surfing, but faster and more agile. With the power to reach electrifying speeds of up to 60 km/h and a battery life that keeps you riding for up to 45 minutes, the Jetboard is ideal Ideal for thrill-seekers aiming for a high-speed surfing journey, making it a substantial investment at $10,000 to $25,000 for long-term aquatic exhilaration.
Among the leaders in the jetboard arena, Radinn stands out as a brand synonymous with quality, innovation, and high performance.
|Model||Top Speed (with UNLEASHED™ upgrade)||Battery Duration||Length (mm)||Material||Price (US$)|
|CARVE by Radinn||Up to 58 km/h||Up to 45 minutes||1780||LTD||11,995|
|X-SPORT by Radinn||Up to 60 km/h||Up to 45 minutes||1901||XDL||11,995|
|FREERIDE by Radinn||Up to 60 km/h||Up to 45 minutes||1901||LTD||11,995|
These Radinn jetboards not only deliver high performance but also offer a bespoke experience tailored to your skill level and preference.
SurfBoard with Motor: E-SUP / SUP motor
Transform your time on the water with the E-SUP/SUP motor—essentially a stand up paddle board (SUP) with the added versatility of an electric motor. This innovation brings the best of both worlds, allowing you to paddle traditionally or speed up with motorized surf board propulsion. It’s perfect for a chill day on the water, whether you want to simply cruise, explore, or even go fishing. With the option of built-in or detachable fins, you can easily go through narrow channels, shallow waters and even touch land. Capable of speeds up to 15 km/h and a battery life of up to 2 hours, and with a price range of $3,000 to $15,000, there’s an option for every budget and takes leisure to the next height.
A Class Apart: Sipaboard
Sipaboard is the leading brand offering complete electric SUP surfboards that deliver on both performance and versatility.
- Top Speed: Go as fast as 15 km/h, great for easy rides or slow fishing.
- Battery Life: A maximum of 2 hours for prolonged water enjoyment.
- Length: Measures 11 feet, ensuring a stable and secure ride.
- Width: Nearly 40 inches across, adding even more stability.
- Material: Made of tough but light MSL material with a high-density core
- Weight Limit: Holds up to 140 kg—enough for you and maybe even a friend or your pet!
- Price: $3,290.
If a relaxing day on the water sounds like your kind of adventure, then the E-SUP/SUP motor surfboards by Sipaboard are the way to go.
However, if you’re looking to motorize your existing paddle board without breaking the bank, there are more budget-friendly options like single attachable motors, such as the Boost Fin.
Can a Surfboard be Upgraded to an E-Surfboard?
Yes! You can upgrade your traditional stand up paddle board, but there are some factors that need to shed light on:
- Compatibility: Not all surfboards may be compatible with electric upgrades. Make sure your board can accommodate the addition.
- Weight: Adding a motor increases the weight. Check if your board can handle the extra load without affecting performance.
- Power Source: The electric motor will need a battery. Consider where and how you’ll attach it.
- Controls: Decide how you’ll control the motor—whether via remote or another mechanism.
- Skill Level: Make sure you’re comfortable with added power and speed to your board.
- Cost: Retrofitting a board can be expensive. Budget accordingly.
The most straightforward and economical method for transforming your regular surfboard into a surfboard motor is an electric fin like the Boost Fin. It’s easy to attach, no major alterations are needed, and it offers speed and extended battery life at a more budget-friendly price.
Transform Your Sur Board with an Electric Fin
Why settle for traditional surfing when you can supercharge your board with the unmatched power and efficiency of an electric fin? Let’s dive into why the Boost Fin is the game-changer you’ve been waiting for.
- Thrust You Can Feel: Picture the power of 15 people rowing a canoe at their peak—that’s what the 20-pound thrust of Boost Fin adds to your surfing experience.
- Speed Up Your Ride: Get ready to ride the waves faster than ever. Boost Fin can propel you to speeds of up to 10 mph, making wave-catching a breeze.
- Long-Lasting Battery: Forget the frustration of short surf sessions. The Boost Fin keeps you riding for an impressive 60–90 minutes on a single charge.
- Fits Any Board: Boost Fin works with any surfboard, turning your beloved ride into a motorized marvel.
- Weight: Weighing in at just 2.7 lbs, it won’t weigh down your board.
- Material: Made from durable Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer and ABS Plastic.
- Battery: Use a top-notch Li-ion 3500 mAh, 24 V, 84 Wh battery.
- Remote: Features a 433 MHz remote for immediate response.
You already have a paddle board that you love? Then upgrade it effortlessly with Boost Fin. This sensational add-on is not just practical but also highly economical. While electric fins typically range from $200 to $1,000, the Boost Fin sets itself apart. For just $499,99, you get a robust, long-lasting, and fast addition to your surfboard, ensuring your time on the water is nothing short of epic.
Redefine Your Surfing with Motorized Surf Board
Gone are the days when the surf controls your ride. With a surfboard with motor, you’re now the captain of your ocean adventure. From the eFoil to the Jetboard and onto the E-SUP, the world of motorized surfing awaits you. If you’re considering an upgrade from a traditional surfboard, user-friendly options like Boost Surfing make entering this thrilling new era more accessible than ever.
Embrace this groundbreaking wave of motorized surf boards, and answer the ocean’s call in a brand-new way. The future of surfing is not merely about riding the waves—it’s about mastering them.