Best 5 Motorized Paddle Boards and Alternatives [2023 Update]
Welcome to the future of water adventures—where technology meets the timeless allure of the open water. Introducing the game-changer – motorized paddle board, this innovative combination brings new possibilities, redefining what it means to effortlessly glide across your favorite lake, river, or ocean. They’re taking water enjoyment to a new level, making it more thrilling for everyone, whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned paddle boarder. Together, let’s shape memories on the water that will forever stay!
- Top 5 Built-in Motorized Paddle Boards
- Different Types of Motorized Paddle Boards
- How Much Does The Motorized Paddle Board Cost?
- 5 Factors to Consider when Choosing a Motorized Paddle Board
- Boost Surfing: Electric Motorized Fin for any Board
- Complete Board Vs Conversion Kit: Navigating Your Choices
- Catch the Next Wave with a Motorized Paddle Board
Top 5 Built-in Motorized Paddle Boards
Dive into the world of motorized stand up paddle boards, which seamlessly blend traditional SUP action with a powered twist. Here’s our top pick for buit-in motorized paddle boards:
1. Sipaboards Electric SUP
The Sipaboards Electric SUP is a masterpiece in the world of motorized stand up paddle boards, it is all about fusing design with functionality. Making it ideal for anyone from the casual Sunday floater to the adventure-seeking enthusiast. And while it is a premium choice, its features justify the investment.
- Top Speed: Clocking in at a smooth 3.5 mph, it helps you to enjoy your environment while still having the power to fight against currents.
- Battery Duration: With a generous 3-hour battery life, you can fully enjoy your time on the water without constantly eyeing the clock.
- Charging Time: When you do need to recharge, a quick 2-hour charge will get you back on your board and into the water.
- Length & Width: With dimensions of 11 feet in length and 32 inches in width, it offers a balanced platform suitable for both beginners and experienced boarders.
- Material: Made of durable PVC, the Sipaboards Electric SUP is designed to withstand the bumps and scrapes that come with the territory.
- Weight Capacity: Supporting up to 220 lbs, this board is perfect for solo expeditions or a ride with your four-legged friend.
But what sets this power stand up paddle board apart is its self-inflation system. Yes, you read that right: it inflates itself. This feature reduces your prep time, allowing you more time to enjoy the paddle boarding experience.
2. JOBE E-Duna
If you’re searching for a power stand up paddle board that flawlessly fuses eye-catching design with exceptional performance, the JOBE E-Duna has you covered. Its streamlined appearance and robust battery life make it an ideal selection for those who value both aesthetics and function. This board offers the full package for anyone looking to enjoy the water on a motorized paddle board that’s as stylish as it is powerful.
- Top Speed: At a maximum velocity of 5 mph, the JOBE E-Duna masters your environment while also having enough thrust to battle the currents.
- Battery Duration: Enjoy a solid 4-hour battery life, giving you plenty of time to explore without constantly checking the clock.
- Charging Time: Just a 3-hour charge time puts you right back on the water.
- Length & Width: Measuring 10 feet long and 30 inches wide, the JOBE E-Duna provides a stable yet nimble platform that is welcoming to novices yet challenging enough for seasoned paddlers.
- Material: Crafted from reinforced PVC, this board is built to take on whatever comes its way—be it rocky coasts or sudden impacts.
- Weight Capacity: With the ability to support up to 250 lbs, it’s perfect for solo paddlers or even a laid-back paddle with a companion—furry or otherwise.
3. Torque e-Paddle
Once you consider speed and agility at the top of your priorities, the Torque e-Paddle motorized paddle board deserves your full attention. Lightweight yet sturdy, it is tailored for a wide range of water activities, from tranquil paddling to adrenaline-pumping races.
- Top Speed: Leading the pack with a 6 mph top speed, it’s the board for thrill-seekers.
- Battery Duration: With a remarkable 5-hour battery, you can to roam the waters as you please, without the fear of running low on power.
- Charging Time: Return to your water adventures in just 3.5 hours with its quick charging capability.
- Length & Width: With its 12-foot length and 31-inch width, it’s the ideal mix of stability and maneuverability.
- Material: Made of premium carbon fiber, this board is solid and lightweight, ensuring easy maneuvering.
- Weight Capacity: Able to support up to 270 lbs, it’s ideal for longer journeys where you might want to bring extra gear.
4. Onean Manta
The Onean Manta invites you to slow down and become one with nature in a world that often seems too loud and fast. Its virtually silent operation and moderate speed make it an ideal choice for those who cherish peaceful moments while having the power to explore further and faster.
- Top Speed: With a graceful top speed of 5.5 mph, the Onean Manta lets you glide effortlessly through your environment, almost as if you’re a part of it.
- Battery Duration: A 2-hour battery life offers a window of time where it’s just you, the board, and the elements.
- Charging Time: Speaking of recharging, just a swift 2-hour charge time gets you right back onto the water.
- Length & Width: At 11 feet long and 33 inches wide, it’s a stable yet agile choice for paddlers at any skill level.
- Material: With an EPS foam core, this board is both durable and buoyant, making it a breeze to manage both on and off the water.
- Weight Capacity: Able to hold up to 230 lbs, this board is flexible enough to have either a solo rider or you and a light companion.
5. Rover Motorized Paddle Board
Meet the Rover, a motorized paddle board that’s all about utility and versatility. Whether you’re into high-energy adventures or leisurely fishing trips, this board is crafted to meet your every need. Beyond its power, it doubles up as an explorer’s dream with its integrated cooler and storage compartment, making it perfect for fishing trips or long journeys.
- Top Speed: Cruising at a steady 4 mph, the Rover ensures that you not only get to your destination but also savor the journey along the way.
- Battery Duration: A substantial 4.5-hour battery life gives you the freedom to roam further and explore more of what the waters have to offer.
- Charging Time: A quick 3-hour charging period ensures you’re always ready for your next adventure.
- Length & Width: Spanning 11 feet in length and a generous 34 inches in width, it provides a stable and spacious platform, suitable for activities ranging from tranquil paddling to active fishing.
- Material: Crafted from durable aluminum, the Rover promises both longevity and resilience against the challenges of the great outdoors.
- Weight Capacity: With an impressive weight limit of 300 lbs, it’s designed to carry you and all your essentials comfortably.
Different Types of Motorized Paddle Boards
So you’re intrigued by the idea of a motorized paddle board, but where do you begin? Understanding the different types of motorized boards is no doubt your first step.
Completely Electric Boards
Let’s start with the sleek and high-tech completely electric boards. As the name suggests, everything is built in, with jet drives and permanently fixed batteries. You can also take charge via a remote control, sometimes even go with a paddle provided. With this type of motorized stand up paddle board, you’re experiencing a seamless, “turn-key” experience.
SUP with a Conversion Kit
But what if you’re not quite ready to commit to a completely new board? With a conversion kit, you can mount the electric motor onto your existing paddle board motorized fin’s box—provided it’s compatible, of course. It’s like giving your old board a new, motorized life!
How Much Does The Motorized Paddle Board Cost?
A conversion kit offers a wallet-friendly introduction to the world of motorized paddle boarding for newcomers with a budget between $200 and $1000. However, regarding an investment of anywhere between $3,000 and $7,000, a fully-equipped electric paddle board that provides a top-tier, all-in-one experience will be the optimal option. Therefore, being clear on your budget is key to picking the board that’s suitable for each person.
5 Factors to Consider when Choosing a Motorized Paddle Board
Opting for the right motorized paddle board can be as thrilling as riding one. To make the best choice for your needs and lifestyle, consider these useful following keys:
1. Power Output
If you’re aiming for a leisurely glide across the water, a conversion kit may offer the perfect amount of speed for a laid-back experience. However, if you’re in search of an adrenaline rush, a complete electric paddle board usually comes with more robust power options to satisfy your need for speed. Therefore, go ahead and pick one that is self-made for your style and needs.
2. Noise Level
The noise level of the motor is more important than you might realize. If you value tranquility on the water, aim for a quieter board. Conversion kits are more discreet, with 40-60 dB noise levels, about as loud as a conversation. Ideal for a quieter paddling experience.
On the flipping side, all-in-one boards come with integrated motors, usually situated at the back or middle of the board, generally noisier. Complete electric boards often ranging between 50-70 dB—akin to a vacuum cleaner sound. Some higher-end models offer noise-reduction tech.
3. Maintenance Needs
Just like a car, a motorized paddle board needs periodic check-ups.
- Conversion Kits: Maintenance is generally simpler. If the motorized fin experiences issues, you can quickly detach it for repair or replacement, minimizing downtime on the water.
- Complete Electric Boards: Integrated motors can be more complicated to service. If the motor fails, you’re likely looking at specialized and potentially costly repairs. The entire board may need to be sent in for service, disrupting your water time.
Determine your comfort level with potential maintenance tasks such as tune-ups, battery checks, or motor inspections.
4. Battery Replacement
Battery longevity can vary significantly between models of powered paddle boards and also for motorized paddle board fins. Complete electric boards often have built-in batteries that require professional servicing every 2–3 years. Conversion kits, on the other hand, feature user-replaceable batteries, typically requiring annual replacement.
5. Remote Control
Advanced remote controls come standard with many complete electric boards, offering fine-tuned speed adjustments. Conversion kits offer simpler remotes but are still effective for basic speed adjustments. Consider whether this feature is essential for your paddle board motorized experience.
Remember these tips, and you’ll be well on your way to finding the motorized paddle board that’s the perfect fit for you. Enjoy the ride and happy paddle boarding!
Boost Surfing: Electric Motorized Fin for any Board
Looking for an upgrade to your paddle boarding without splashing out on a new board? Meet Boost Fin, your go-to for turning a regular board into a powered stand up paddle board. Here’s why it’s making waves:
- Go Faster, Surf Better What’s Cool: Equipped with an 800-watt motor, the Boost Fin propels you at thrilling speeds of up to 17 km/h (about 10 mph).
Why You’ll Love It: More speed means the ability to catch three times as many waves, optimizing your surf session and transforming your paddle board experience from leisurely to exhilarating.
- Adventure Without Limits What’s Cool: SUP Assistance mode offers up to 100 minutes of battery life, giving you a jet-powered assist while paddling.
Why You’ll Love It: Imagine paddling further into the horizon, exploring spots you couldn’t reach before.
- Conquer Any Condition What’s Cool: A specialized wind/current resistance mode provides up to 40 minutes of struggle-free paddling.
Why You’ll Love It: No more getting stuck paddling against the wind. Just smooth sailing.
- Just Chill and Float What’s Cool: Trolling mode for up to 70 minutes of peaceful, motorized floating.
Why You’ll Love It: When it’s time to take a breather, this feature enables you to rest and enjoy your surroundings, conserving your energy for when you need it most.
- Easy Setup What’s Cool: The Boost Fin comes with various adapters, enabling a quick 5-minute installation on almost any board.
Why You’ll Love It: Quick setup means more time on the water. Plus, it fits any board!
- Precision Control with Boost App What’s Cool: An app that lets you tweak the fin’s motor power and boost duration.
Why You’ll Love It: This customizable control puts the fin’s performance in your hands, allowing for an unmatched powered stand-up paddle board experience.
- Tough But Light What’s Cool: Weighs only 2.7 lbs and is made from super-strong materials.
Why You’ll Love It: This lightweight but durable construction means you don’t have to settle between portability and resilience.
- What Comes With It?
- Boost Fin
- Boost Remote
- Standard Long Board Adapter
- Charger with AU, US & EU plugs
- Our Safety Recommendations For your safety and that of others, it’s important to install the propeller cover first. Always use a board leash and a special Boost Surfing Leash for the fin to ensure you won’t lose it in the water. And remember to give it a good rinse after each use to extend its lifespan.
Many people who have tried the Boost Surfing Fin are singing its praises. In a survey, an outstanding 97% of users said they’d tell their friends to get one, 92% confirmed catching more waves, and 87% found their time on the water more enjoyable because of the fin.
So, are you ready for an epic surfing upgrade? Check out Boost Surfing’s website for more information. With Boost Surfing, you’ll surf longer, faster, and better.
Complete Board Vs Conversion Kit: Navigating Your Choices
When you are faced the two choices: opt for a complete board featuring an integrated motor, or modify your existing standard paddle board with a motorized fin, it requires a careful consideration. Let’s dive into the details.
|Generally higher upfront cost
|Lower upfront cost; cost of board separate
|Pre-installed, ready to use
|Requires installation, typically simple
|Higher speed and power (5 to 16 mph, 20 to 50 lbs of thrust)
|Lower speed and power (2 to 5 mph, 10 to 20 lbs of thrust)
|Ranges from 2-5 hours
|Up to 4 hours
|Usually between 2-3.5 hours
|Around 4 hours
|Various options (PVC, Carbon Fiber, etc.)
|Compatible with various board materials
|Heavier (20 to 50 lbs)
|Lighter (2 to 5 lbs)
|May include built-in storage, self-inflation
|Enables retrofitting onto existing boards
|Specific to the model
|Can be moved between different boards
|Louder (50 to 70 dB)
|Quieter (40 to 60 dB)
The Choice is Yours
If you’re seeking an all-in-one experience, a complete motorized paddle board is your optimal option. These boards typically come with high-end features like extended battery life and built-in storage. However, they often possess a higher price, making them a significant investment.
In contrast, if you’re a first-time curious about motorized paddle boarding, a conversion kit serves as an excellent starting point. This wise solution lets you change between a traditional and a motorized stand-up paddle board according to your mood or needs. This is a budget-friendly way to get a taste of motorized paddle boarding without breaking the bank.
Catch the Next Wave with a Motorized Paddle Board
In the exciting landscape of watersports, the motorized paddle board is undeniably a game-changer. Offering versatility, speed, and a whole new layer of fun, these powered boards have something for everyone. From experts to casual weekend warriors, there’s a motorized stand up paddle board and motorized fin for paddle board tailored to fit your needs.
If you’re looking for a flexible and cost-effective way to power up your paddle boarding experience, Boost Surfing offers an exceptional solution.